Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
You've been using C++ for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular? On a project where millions of ordinary people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because the Gameloft is looking for a C++ gameplay programmer.
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
- We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
- We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
- You would work in a small agile team and professional programmers where everybody’s inputs are valued;
- The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
- You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
- Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
- You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
- We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit-based pay system.
- We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements.
- Never go to work on your birthday or your kid birthday.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.
What will you do here?
- Plan and program the game according to the design specifications and the programming rules already in place
- Integrate all elements of the game, including engine, gameplay, user interface, graphics/animations and sound
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Contribute to the game’s design specifications and technical specifications
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Work with the team to improve the production process and help in establishing best-practices
- Work alongside colleagues from all the other departments of the game team (2d and 3d graphic designers, game and level designers, the backend team)
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and bugs
What are the qualifications I need for this position?
- Very good skills in C++ and at least three years of experience in C++ programming
- Have a good understanding of mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence, scripting and gameplay mechanics
- Familiar with game specific terminologies (AI, Main Character, HUD, Gameplay elements, NPC, Controllers, etc…)
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Knowledge of current game engines and tools (Unity/Unreal/etc) or physics engines (Bullet/Havoc/etc) is a plus
- Knowledge of multiple programming/scripting languages (C#, Python, Lua, etc…) is a plus
- Previous experience in video game programming or other 2D/3D applications (homemade applications accepted) is a plus
- Creative problem solver, able to quickly learn and utilize unfamiliar concepts
- Motivated, hard-working, thorough and able to work on a team.
- You speak English at a level that’s enough for you and your foreign colleagues to understand each other
What will happen when you apply?
- You can apply with your English or Romanian CV. We will look at what projects and technologies you have worked on so far.
- If you have worked on your own on a game or applications, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
- No cover letter is required. But if you usually play mobile, you can write down what :-)
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our lead programmers, and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test , followed by a chat with one of our lead programmers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 1.5 weeks, but of course it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!