Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,700 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft SAIGON Studio: Started from 2004 with the very first studio opened in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, Gameloft had the main mission of porting Java game creation to a few hundred different feature phones. Now we have successfully launched a new creation project: APPLAYDU, which is a hit worldwide among children and parents. We have been standing among the worldwide leaders in mobile gaming industry because we are built on core values that lead our company to innovate and anticipate for the best gaming experience, from mobile phones, smartphones and tablets to set top boxes, connected TVs and consoles.
We are passionate about everything we do – about our games, our company and our industry. We take chances on people, we favor taking a risk on promising aspirants who fit in our culture and project themselves with us over the long term.
We emphasize diversity in all facets of the company, from whom we recruit to how we build teams and studios. It is by combining the diverse talents and backgrounds of our multicultural group that we achieve greatness.
We boldly embrace change and have the means and the will to tackle any endeavor. We are proud of our ability to adapt quickly and evolve, always staying true to our entrepreneurial spirit.
We constantly push ourselves to act as leaders: to take initiative, challenge the status quo, and bring solutions to improve Gameloft every day. We do not shy away from adversity. This is what gives us a competitive edge.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Reporting to Art Director and Producer, you are responsible for:
- Be responsible for managing a team of artists and be the main link between the Artist team and the Art Director
- Overlook and provide quality graphics, art direction, and feedback for projects in development.
- Provide documented guidelines for projects in pre-production and production.
- Train, coach and Mentor other artists
Artistic and Technical Responsibilities
- Participate in brain-storming, conception of ideas, and brief creation
- Define and then showcase the art direction of the game during the pre-production phase
- Control and establish graphical development guidelines, project workflow, creative processes and create necessary documentation
- Ensure high quality standards are followed by the Team
- Execute graphical work for games in development: Produce high quality 2D graphics and in-game assets.
- Maintain art consistency during all steps of development
- Give necessary guidance to all artists in your team; inspire, train, mentor and motivate other artists Give priority to new comers.
- Master all the necessary tools and research for new tools and technologies.
- Play all the game builds and give constructive reviews for graphical work and game experience in general.
- Actively detect and solve problems encountered in your projects.
- Ensure proper integration of the graphical assets in-game
- Foresee future mistakes or potential issues and prevent them from happening
Contribution in Management
- Work closely with the Producer and the Studio Lead Artist.
- Thorough and organized, work with goals and see a project through to its end within given deadlines
- Organize and manage the artists in your team, assign the right people to the right task. Coordinate and schedule tasks, deadlines and artist team workload
- Actively follow, monitor and approve graphical work done.
- Ensure successful the integration of graphical data in the engines
- Contribute to good working environment for the team
- Support to create workshops and seminars and to share knowledge and experiences.
- Maintain effective communication with producers, technical Leaders, artists and other departments within the team to manage expectations and results
- Develop training programs to level up team members
- Take active part in the recruitment and evaluation process of the team members
- Report team’s tasks status to your supervisors or producers when required.
- Present end of project report and team performance, post mortem.
- Expert at Photoshop
- Great to have knowledge on Spine, Animate CC or Flash, Maya or 3Ds Max,
- Good knowledge of UNITY will be a plus
- Academic background in traditional or digital arts, concept art or equivalent
- Proficient understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting, post-processing
- Proficient understanding of human anatomy, proportion and perspective
- Proficient understanding about user interfaces and user experience
- Proficient knowledge in game art, rendering, and assets optimization
- Proficient knowledge about game development and graphical production processes
- Proficient experience defining art direction, conceptualizing, sketching
- More than 5 Years of expertise in the field
- Proficient at English oral and written communication
- Proficient at Hand-Drawing, Digital Painting, Illustration
- Proficient artistic eyes and pay attention to detail. Be patient and able to concentrate for long periods, work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Having good sense of initiatives be original and inventive. Great sense of creativity and art
- Be able to follow a brief and work on their own initiative
- Ability to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines
- Ability to resolve any artistic or technical issues
- Asking and giving quality feedback.
- Effective organizational skills, be able to create required documentation.
- Proficient interpersonal skills: Work well as part of a team and be able to take direction from Art Lead and Producers
- Competent at research and development skill
- Competent at organizational and planning
- Proficient at communication: Getting along with others, negotiation, conflict resolution and decision-making.
- Competent at coaching and training other artists.
- Proficient at taking initiative and solving problems in a positive way
- Commitment and sense of responsibility: Show strong commitment to the teams and to the company and be willing to work hard to complete the task on time
- Open-minded: Demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks from others for improvement
- Self-disciplined: Demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work
- Teamwork: Cooperate with team members and actively provide support
- Passion for playing video games across multiple platforms
- Pro-active, autonomous, responsible and well organized
- Keep good mindset and managing stress facing issues
- Proficient leadership skills are required
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-up annually
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.