Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
As a 3D Character Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms, Lego Legacy: Heroes Unboxed and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Model both high and low poly 3D characters for games on mobile platforms.
- Create high-quality textures within the resolution limits.
- Collaborate with other teams and report to the Lead Artist for tasks, training, workflows, tool requests and creative ideas.
- Demonstrate independence, creativity and the ability to adapt to various art styles (cartoon, realistic, etc.).
- Create high-quality characters to meet the likeness expectation and improve experiences for the player;
- Attend regular team scrums for reporting progress and discussing tasks.
- Work on multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles.
- Participate in art reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions.
- Learn and apply artistic/IP/licensing guidelines.
- Execute clients’ (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and on time.
- Playtest and be familiar with the game.
- Be punctual and attend stand-ups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings.
- Be a team player, be professional and always act in the best interest of the organization.
- You have an academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training.
- You have 3-5 years of professional experience in 3D Art, in the games industry, primarily creating characters.
- You are proficient in Photoshop and 3DS MAX.
- You have knowledge of Substance Painter, and knowledge of Marmoset is an asset.
- You have experience with Unity and an understanding of the Unity Workflow is a strong asset.
- You have a solid understanding of what makes a character’s identity.
- You have astute observation skills and an eye for detail.
- You have an understanding of rigging and of animation requirements.
- You are proficient in low-poly and high-poly modeling/texturing.
- You have excellent knowledge of human anatomy and motion.
- You have a solid understanding of character topology for animation.
- You have an understanding of shaders and texturing skills (painting, colour matching, realistic lighting, material types, etc).
- You have strong teamwork skills.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- You are organized and independent.
- You have the ability to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- You have the ability to rig your own characters for testing purposes is a plus.
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks of vacation for work-life-balance
- 7 annual personal days
- Annual Healthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP matching program
- Mentorship program and training subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Dog-friendly studio
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.