2D Gaming Illustrator and Animator
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading mobile-game developer and publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” list. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games through Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
For this role you will be a part of FreshPlanet, a small gaming studio who recently joined Gameloft. FreshPlanet specialized in making high quality casual mobile games that mix social and pop culture elements. FreshPlanet is most famous for creating SongPop, the biggest music trivia game in the world with over 120 million players so far and winner of a BAFTA and Webby Award.
- Conceptualizing and designing amazing in-game 2D characters
- Animating those characters for our various casual games
- Designing and animating other in-game items and decorations
- Being actively involved in the game creation process
- Interacting with the other project team members, such as designers, programmers, and project managers
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a character illustrator
- Bachelor's degree in art, media design or equivalent
- Solid background in academic drawing and sketching
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, autonomous and adaptable
- Good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good knowledge of Adobe Animate, After Effects or other animation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to create in a style that is in line with our existing games portfolio
- An exceptional online portfolio featuring examples of visual design work is required
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation and mobile days off, available as of your start date
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
And at the studio itself:
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolioor other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.).Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.