Social Game Designer - SKATE
Requisition Number: 163876
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Social Game Designer - SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Social Designer to join the Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. In this role you will help formalize the Social systems that will connect our players with one another, define a clear plan of action, and then guide the implementation through to completion. You will report to our Creative Director.
- Ensure that we create a safe environment for all players to have fun
- Analyze and identify outstanding social features and experiences in gaming
- Identify trends in social play and find new opportunities
- Embrace and advocate for the social needs and expectations of diverse audiences
- Explore ways of promoting positive social engagement and experiences within the game
- Determine a clear, forward-looking vision for the game's social features and requirements for moderation
- Design and guide the implementation of a cohesive and compelling suite of social features
- Ensure integration of social features with the broader game vision and feature set
- Work with partner groups to refine and expand features based on player telemetry and feedback
- A college diploma in Game Design, Project Management, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 5 years of experience in social game design or related experience
- In-depth experience with game engines, productivity software and familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)
- Comprehensive understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement creative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
- Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
As a solution-oriented designer, you respond to opinions, analytics, and test results with suggestions for improvement. By leveraging player data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver an engaging overall experience.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.