Graduate UI Developers
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
As a User Interface Developer you will create compelling and responsive user interfaces and help to shape the interface that connects our players with our games across multiple platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Develop quality UI code across various projects and platforms.
- Contribute to the development of our codebase
- Work closely with the Designers and Artists, seeking feedback and iterating on your work
- Develop prototypes to help inform the design process.
- Comfortable weaving assets provided by Designers and Artists into your UI's
- Able to communicate effectively within your team, and foster links with other disciplines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A quick learner who is willing to adapt to new tools and frameworks.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Familiar with at least one high-level language, E.g. C#, LUA, JS, Haxe, AS3 or Java
- Experience using a language's debugging tools, and know how to use them to diagnose bugs
- Is aware of the performance constraints real-time applications have, and has at least some experience profiling and optimising their code.
- Experience using Adobe Creative suite software to create bitmap and vector assets
- Knowledge and/or experience of motion design
- Familiarity with console development.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.