(Closed) Senior software engineer
Consult: Together with our product and design/frontend teams you'll develop new features and changes to our existing website systems and new systems in the future
Coding: In coordination with our product and design/frontend teams you'll be responsible for the backend implementations in Node.js
Optimise: Enhance, clean and maintain existing software in various areas
Process: No one’s perfect. Help us build solid, efficient processes for future projects and enhance our current ones
Challenge: Work on some of the biggest websites in the industry, aiming for the highest uptime and speed possible
Documentation: Properly structure and create documentation about source-code and logics
You have successfully completed a form of higher education or have an equivalent degree in the Software Engineering/CS field and gained at least 2-3 years experience in backend development in the environment of high-traffic and high-availability website systems.
- You have an excellent understanding of secure development practices and web security (i.e. Encryption, SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc.)
- You have a good understanding of proficient database management, optimization and usage with Node.js (we use MySQL/MariaDB and MongoDB)
- Familiarity in code-structuring and -versioning (we use Git)
- You get bonus points for experience with PHP, Node.js on UDP base, basic knowledge about Linux systems and maintenance (Debian) and experience with Gaming/Esport or other competitive sport products
Why work for us?
- Work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- An open corporate culture and flexible time management
- You’ll be part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You’ll have a fully equipped modern kitchen (including coffee, tea, water, fruit) at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work
- (2x 1 Gbit/s Fiber Links)
- There is free car parking at your disposal and Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via our online application form in a PDF document, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date and desired salary (please no zip or Word files).
You are welcome to send us examples of your work, like Github Links or Open Source projects.
Your contact person is Josefin Karg.