Lead Gameplay Programmer (Action Shooter)
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to work on a ground-breaking next generation PvP shooter project with a Games as a Service focus. This is a AAA quality original IP at an exciting stage! The opportunity is to join at the earliest stages of a multi-year development and help shape an incredible new game experience.
The project is a huge multi-platform next generation action shooter experience with a heavy focus on Games as a Service, looking to bring unique mechanics and a bombastic tone to blow the doors off and bring something new to the genre!
- Develops technical design specifications for complex projects and implements them.
- Liaise with the Development Manager to plan and execute the development roadmap.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Work closely with users to define their needs and refine requirements.
- Design, create, document, maintain, and improve tools for all disciplines.
- Provide support for all disciplines in the use of the tools.
- Work to improve user experience, capabilities and performance.
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, libraries and frameworks.
- Propose new tools and functionality to improve team effectiveness and quality of life.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C#.
- Experience with game engine content tools and pipeline.
- Excellent systems design experience.
- Excellent problem solving and code optimization skills.
- Ability to work on shared and legacy code-bases.
- Strong English verbal and written skills.
- Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Current console experience required.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS:
- The ability to create an artistic vision from scratch across multiple styles and genres
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.