Marketing Assistant (LTE)
Nature and Scope
Join the dynamic Filament Games marketing team and use your skills and passion to advance our mission to create playful experiences that improve people’s lives. Support the sales team’s efforts and take the lead on marketing campaigns, launching our games to our customer base, generating sales leads and expanding our audience through regular social media outreach. Hone your directorial skills in our content marketing practice, writing blogs, scripting game trailers, and delivering video content that amplifies our message and brand recognition. This role will also have central responsibilities in the upcoming launch of a new PC/VR video game on Steam.
Term: This role will start out as limited term employment (LTE) for a 6-8 month engagement, but could become a permanent position based on staffing needs and individual performance.
Authority, Responsibility, & Relationships
- Execute approved projects to budget
- Support coordination of events (tradeshows, seminars, webinars) to deliver leads and visibility
- Support marketing launch campaigns for games
- Support and manage social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Support production and produce content for our website and marketing materials
- Support Filament Marketing and Sales teams in their objectives
- Work within task management tools to produce marketing campaigns and content
- Support coordination efforts for marketing events (tradeshows, seminars, webinars, etc.)
- Maintain active daily social media presence
- Respond to technical support inquiries from users of the Filament Learning Games Library
- Support marketing research and consultation to external partners as required
- Write content and collaborate with graphic designer to produce marketing materials
- Execute production schedules for marketing programs
- Write marketing and sales copy as needed
- Seek out and lead award submission opportunities for Filament Games titles
- Other marketing-related activities as needed in support of our internal publishing work or our custom development services for external clients
- Support all content marketing efforts, including but not limited to video work, podcasts, blogs, eBooks, and other long form writing
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to: Marketing Director
- Direct Reports: None
- Coordinates activity with: Sales, Development Staff, Filament leadership, and external partners.
Measures of Success
- Adaptability to the fast-moving, rapidly evolving industry of video game development
- Growth of brand engagement online (web analytics, social media followings)
- Revenue from direct marketing campaigns
- Organizational effectiveness (ability to manage projects across the organization)
- Proactive problem-solving
- Make or beat the budget
- Portfolio of produced marketing content and materials
- At least 2 examples of social media content (Facebook post, Twitter post, etc.)
- At least 2 examples of strong short-form copywriting (ads, headlines, etc)
- At least 2 examples of strong long-form writing (blogs, white papers, etc.)
- Any other relevant piece of media content you’d like to include (audio, video, photography, writing, etc.)
- BA or higher
- 1-2 years marketing experience, internships included
- Project coordination
- Experience executing programs in direct marketing and public relations
- Experience with a variety of social media tools
- Excellent writing abilities
- Basic design sense
- Strong phone presence
- Able to revise work according to critique
- Able to travel occasionally for events
- Proven experience in growing social media reach
- Team player and able to take direction
- Positive and pragmatic
- Experience in a games, media or education-related company
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong design sense
About Filament Games
Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning! We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, causal dress everyday, grill outs, sketch comedy classes, Show-n-Tells, and the occasional paintball battle.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer’s Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison’s nightlife.
Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, short & long term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized bus fare, discounted gym membership, profit sharing, and unlimited paid time off.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.