We are Fatshark
We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 180 experienced and skilled employees. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and will soon be launching the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years and are almost two-hundred “Sharks” now, but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. Come into our world, a world known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, and Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
As a community manager, you are the face of our product(s) and our company. You are what connects our development efforts - and our games - with our fans and players worldwide.
You often keep one foot in the community and another within our development team, ensuring we meet our players' needs with the product(s) we build. You are also a critical part of the marketing team, helping drive communications and manage community events and marketing campaigns. You are Fatsharks’ eyes and ears and report back to key stakeholders to help them keep track of community sentiment, qualitative and quantitative feedback, fun comments, and sometimes hard truths.
You are someone who wakes up every day thinking about how best to engage with our player community. You are a clear communicator and excited about the chance to grow and develop a healthy base of Warhammer and gaming fans that rivals the biggest IPs.
It isn’t always easy making games, though, and it also means that you are adaptable, especially in live service, where things come fast and often keep you on your toes.
This role will report directly to the Marketing Communications Director.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits and health checkups
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Help drive and develop the community strategy - communication planning, schedule, and the creation of activities
- Manage community KPIs and drive positive effects on the community
- Work with the production team to solicit/curate community feedback on pre-release content as part of a community test environment
- Collaborate with marketing creative and production teams to deliver community assets such as screenshots, videos, etc
- Act as a public face for the game in the community. Specifically, this means streaming our titles regularly and creating content that helps engage our players, be that on social media (incl. TikTok) or Discord, Steam-Forum et al
- Maintain consistent presence in discussion forums to understand the state of the community and what they need
- Build and maintain relationships with key community influencers
- Create player-facing resources and content such as guides, videos, and FAQs to help enhance and deepen the player experience
- Help ideate the assets that best appeal to the community you manage
- Host, organize, and coordinate weekly events with community and dev teams
- 3+ years of professional experience in community management or similar experience
- Experience with streaming
- Good knowledge of community management tools such as PlayerXP, Spiketrap, or others
- A clear understanding of social media and influencers/content creators
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep knowledge of the community and a passion for gaming
- Video editing/media creation skills
- Good knowledge of the Warhammer Franchise and the 40K universe
- Experience with project management tools such as ClickUp, Asana, Confluence, etc
- Experience with engaging a live game (Game as a Service) Community
Most of us are currently working in a flexible way (both from home and the office), but the onboarding is being done in the office. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to review applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Start: ASAP 2022
Form of Employment: full-time, permanent