(Closed) Data Lead
FanAI (www.fanai.io) is a fan analytics startup based in Santa Monica, CA.
The acknowledged leader in esports audience analytics, we’ve created sponsorship marketplace that helps rights holders monetize their fans and brands optimize their sponsorship spend by delivering actionable audience insights and offline attribution to drive improved sponsorship outcomes.
As FanAI’s data team lead, you’ll join the Management Team of our fast-growing data business, and take on responsibility for data engineering, data science, analytics and insights across our company.
Reporting to our CTO, you’ll be the hands-on leader of a small team of data scientists and engineers, and will ensure that we are making the most of the data we have, building data infrastructure to support multiple parts of the business, and finding new sources and uses for data.
Primarily focused on making data available and usable through the introduction of improved analytical methods and techniques, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring statistical rigor and integrity in everything we do. You’ll build ETL pipelines to make data available and usable throughout the company, create and codify analysis, and make it available through APIs for our client services team.
In parallel, you’ll be comfortable contributing to our external marketing and PR activities, through a combination of focused blog posts, participation in press opportunities, and production of regular industry-wide reporting.
This is the role for you, if
- You’re interested in gaming and esports, in pro sports or in the wider entertainment sector
- You love math, statistics and problem-solving
- You've been a key player in developing analytical tools & methods in a dynamic and iterative environment
- You love building elegant data pipelines
- You want to grow as a leader and manager
- You’re ambitious and driven, prepared to jump into the business with both feet
- You like to share your knowledge and perspectives on data, statistics, and analysis
- Building and maintaining ETL pipelines to serve internal needs
- Developing algorithms for user behavior analytics including big data and graph databases
- Combining social data, streaming habits, purchase data and other data sets to build out rich models of esports and other audiences, including predictive models of fan behaviors
- Analyzing and improving existing data analysis platform and capabilities, handling over 1TB per day
- Leading and mentoring a small team of data scientists and data engineers
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in either Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or similar
- Experience with data analysis packages
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Expert level proficiency in Python
- At least 3 years experience building ETL pipelines utilizing pubsub architecture and data warehousing technology
- Experience leading a team of data scientists, data engineers, or statisticians
- Eager to research, read and write extensively on statistical methods as they apply to audience analytics
Bonus points for
- Advanced degree in a related subject
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Full Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Paid Parking
We provide a fast-growing, fun and professional atmosphere. A place to express and grow yourself professionally and the opportunity to advance your career through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.