Consumer Products Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented individual to manage product development for out Consumer Products Team with an emphasis on licensed toys and collectibles.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, good communication skills, independent thinking, knowledgeable in video game play, universe and fiction. This is a fast-paced environment and will require a nimble mind to manage a large amount of partners and projects. The candidate will work as the liaison between franchise development, marketing and game studio program managers and licensed merchandise partners. Must have a familiarity with licensed products, toys & collectibles, manufacturing, the gaming industry, ability to guide development and a strong producer mindset. Must be proactive with effective communication skills, strong cross-group working style are required and ability to prioritize work load.
- Work with Category & Production Manager to define merchandise line for each licensed merchandise partner
- Manage toy & collectible product development for licensed merchandise partners and internal stake holders
- Candidate should be very familiar with the primary characters, vehicles and weapons to provide product development feedback
- Manage/track product approval feedback
- Provide copy/editing support on packaging and marketing material
- Assist with licensing style guide development and delivery.
- Manage art, marketing and game code assets (archiving, organizing) and work with game studios to retrieve and deliver them to partners
- Manage approvals on packaging, product copy, press releases and marketing materials
- Must communicate well with all stake holders and manage deadlines effectively
- Must be able to resolve issues with little guidance, work cross group, anticipate potential issues and take initiative in finding solutions to solve issues.
- Administrative duties will include shipping boxes and other miscellaneous tasks
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Strong creative and design sensibilities as well as strong writing and communication skills
- Familiar with graphic design Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Experience with the toy industry
- Experience in manufacturing a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite