HERE’S THE DEAL
We are a full-service Esports company that creates, manages and monetizes competitive video game leagues. We build a title’s competitive community from the ground up, growing it into a unique, professional and world-class Esports operation. We manage all league operations and produce expert live entertainment in-studio or at stadium-sized venues. We deliver monetary results by authentically translating our publishers’ and brand sponsors’ business outcomes to this massively diverse community.
We seek out ambitious partners and are the leading Esports company for new gaming titles.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Columbus, OH or Burbank, CA (negotiable)
Are you passionate about creating products that people love to use? Are you driven by the delight you bring to customers? Do you have an opinion on whether delivering a working solution is more important than delivering a perfect one? Do you believe that no problem is impossible…if you challenge the assumptions in the right way? If you’re nodding your head, then maybe you belong at Esports Engine!
As the Director, Product Management, you’ll be joining a small but growing team of software engineers, designers, and product professionals working to create the next generation of esports capabilities. You will help us dream of what should be – and then help make those dreams a reality. Be prepared to help build something great.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Learning constantly. Work with game companies, professional gaming leagues, our customers, and our in-house software engineers to build cutting edge solutions
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change in the company and across the industry by asking bold questions; starting small, testing, and learning your way to something dramatically better
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and holding on the wrong one
- Growth. You will drive execution of the product – but also be responsible for creating a framework for how the team will look going forward. You’ll be working to establish how product, design, and technology will partner together to deliver against the roadmap
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE
- 8+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver software solutions
- 6+ years experience delivering mobile and web capabilities (including ecommerce and mcommerce)
- 4+ years experience as a product manager / product owner for an agile delivery team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience defining and delivering a B2B SaaS platform, including pricing, utilization, and road-mapping
- Ability to drive execution of the product and create frameworks
- Knowledge of how product, design, and technology will partner together to deliver against a defined roadmap
- Proficient soft skills in communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem solving, work ethic, time management, and accountability
- A track record of excelling with no supervision and previous experience being singularly accountable for multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively coach / mentor members of a cross-functional team
- The desire for a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative mindset and approach to all tasks
- A willingness to take charge in ambiguity, shift tasks (and even projects) to meet the ever-changing, ad hoc nature of product, design, and technology
- A passion for video games, interactive media, and technology
- Experience in the esports space
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or updated by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected] To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.