Esports Charts - Ukrainian IT company that develops world-known esports services.
We collect viewership statistics of all live broadcasts worldwide and create unique analytics.
A few facts:
- We provide data to teams, tournament operators and game publishers all over the planet
- We deal with tables up to 50 billion rows, filling them with data from 29 platforms
- Most detailed statistics about streaming, that you can find in web, appear in our office
We are looking for a Full-Stack developer to join the existing team and help us to support and improve the functionality of resources, make them faster and smarter.
By now, the project consists of numerous services and the main database core. More than a year ago, we successfully transferred the analytical base to Clickhouse and enlarged the amount of information stored by more than 20 times. Along with databases growth, an important task is to maintain a high-speed data acquisition for the end user. In our services we use PHP, Node.js, sometimes AWS Lambda and Python, while the main web applications are made in PHP. About two months ago, we began to develop a new version of the API based on Laravel 6.0. Moreover, we want to turn the entire existing front-end into SPA model.
- Back-end: PHP, Laravel 5.1-6.0, some Node.js
- Front-end: vue.js, nuxt
- DB: MySQL, Redis, Clickhouse
You're relevant if:
- You code in PHP for over 2 years, and, preferably, have experience with other languages
- Your SQL level is much deeper than ORM – able to work with complex nested queries with strange sorting and filtering
- Developed API's for third-party services, understand the microservice architecture and when it's necessary
- You can easily remember and write bubble-sort, quickly find an element in an array of random numbers
- Able to work either solo, or in team
Will be a plus:
- You have (or getting) a university degree in one of the areas: IT, mathematics, physics
- You work with Laravel for over a year or don't mind switching into it
- Experienced in setting queues
- Familiar with Docker and Nginx
- Acquainted with Python and regression analysis
- You understand what purpose Node.js or PHP is better for, and when it's better to implement a service in Python
- You know Na'Vi and Astralis, you believe in KBU winning The International
Tasks for the near future:
- Further development of a new API for streamer analytics service. There will be many access levels, payment systems, paid user subscriptions, different database selections and fast result-outputs
- Parsing system monitoring, processing multibillion tables and optimizing queries for them
- Adding new features into our resources' public versions along with designers and front-end devs
The way we hire:
Each CV is checked by Tech Lead and HR. In case you have relevant experience, HR will contact you for a zoom interview, on which we fill the gaps and discuss your previous experience - how and what you worked with.
According to the results of this stage, we invite candidates into our office to pass tech-interview with our CTO. When we understand that you're going our way - we make an offer, if something goes wrong - we give precise feedback.
If you match our requirements, we are always happy to get your CV!