(Senior) BI Specialist
You want to make a difference and have a passion for esports.
You are enthusiastic, eager to operate complex tasks and able to think outside the box.
You want to to work with an international team of engineers on innovative solutions and new approaches.
As a full time BI Specialist (m/f/d) in the Digital Business Solutions department, you will join a team of passionate coworkers and support the BI pillar with your expertise.
You will support the existing BI projects / workflows / processes as well as launching new ones wherever you see room for improvement. You work closely with internal departments on their BI needs and guide them towards the best outcome. You are responsible for leading and implementing the BI infrastructure as well. You promote BI within the company and are the contact person for this topic internally.
Your Future Tasks
- Leverage your programming experience (Python) to automate and improve ETL processes
- Craft and execute SQL queries to analyze and display data
- Review and verify the data and support the correct usage of the implementations you created, in close cooperation with the requesting department
- Come up with new technical setups based on verbalized needs or based on your own experience how to improve
- Evaluate and onboard new tools to streamline the BI workflow
- The project management part of BI implementations (executive summaries, timelines & progress, deadlines, resolve blockers)
- Coordinate and facilitate communication, including organising regular meetings
- An understanding of modern BI setups / best practices (e.g. relational databases, RESTful APIs, cloud setups, deployment technologies) and ETL workflows
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude, that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- Proven track record as an BI Specialist or similar role for at least 3 years
- You are a leading personality, you know how to inspire people to make a project successful
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
Nice To Have
… would be experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in Microsoft PowerBI or similar tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with OLAP and OLTP
- Experience in containerised application development (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux system (Debian)
- Keen gamer/esports fan
- Worked with Jira / Confluence
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com .
We are an incredibly fast paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative and start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.
You feel ready for the challenge to work at ESL? Please fill in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary. Please add the requested documents in PDF format.
Any certificates you want to send us additionally can be attached to either your CV or your cover letter.