Director Marketing Automation & Analytics
We are looking for a Director Marketing Automation & Analytics as part of our Fan Value Management team to help our product and marketing teams understand the opportunities to continuously improve our B2C offering for esports fans. You will be aggregating and enriching user data from several different products (ticketing, ecommerce, subscriptions, micro transactions), building segments for analysis and marketing, creating user journeys, and lay the groundwork for developing predictive models. You will guide the further development of the CRM and data warehouse based on our business needs, to be executed by our Digital Business Services team.
The Director Marketing Automation & Analytics reports to our VP of Fan Value Management and is a part of our Global Marketing team. This can be a remote position in Europe with the ideal candidate residing +/- 2-hour time zone difference of Cologne, Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of the maintenance and development of user journeys and marketing automation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine digital data solutions to maximize customer value
- Define company KPIs and implement measures to continuously optimize data insights and reports
- Provide guidance to the Fan Value Management team to improve the experience of ESL fans, and maximize their willingness to spend
- Subject matter expert on our data and analytics through application ownership of fan CRM; Leverage CRM to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Implement best practices for data collection, management and analysis of customer information
- Deep knowledge of our available customer data to provide recommendations to segment customers for marketing and fan monetization
- Work closely with the IT Digital Business Services team to optimize data pipelines and data models to identify trends and insights
- Navigate a diverse set of B2C products and data sources and help unify the data to enable cross-product marketing
What you need:
- 4+ years of work experience in Data Analytics / Data Science / Digital Marketing
- First-hand experience building user journeys increasing customer spend & activity
- Experience with CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Skilled in visualizing data for different types of stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Web Analytics (Google Analytics a plus)
- Good understanding of B2C business practices
- Very good command of spoken and written English (mandatory) and German (optional)
Nice to have:
- Project Management Experience
- Working experience with BI tools (Microsoft Power BI)
- Good understanding/knowledge of Esports industry and products
ESL Gaming is the world’s largest esports and gaming lifestyle company. Since 1994, the company has been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation on a global scale across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline esports competitions, and through premier gaming lifestyle festivals. The company operates high-profile, branded international leagues and tournaments under the ESL Pro Tour, including ESL One, Intel® Extreme Masters, DreamHack Masters, ESL Pro League, and other preeminent, stadium-size tournaments. ESL Gaming also produces and hosts DreamHack Open tournaments, ESL National Championships, grassroots amateur cups, matchmaking systems, and DreamHack’s gaming lifestyle festivals — which feature everything gaming under one roof. ESL Gaming is part of MTG, the leading international digital entertainment group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.