Web Lead Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
What We Do
The Online team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We’re making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? COME BE A PART OF SOMETHING EPIC.
What You’ll Do
Epic Games is adding a Lead Web Engineer to work across the stack with a focus on Epic's store platform, including epicgames.com/store in addition to developing services that provide data to the Epic Games launcher. You'll work with Epic teams around the world to further develop and maintain responsive front end and user-centered experiences. We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React+Node for in-house frontend applications, NGINX, Docker, and Kubernetes to name a few. Whether it's a tool used by customer service to assist gamers or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you'll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
In this role you will
- Ensure the utilization of the latest web technology to build user-friendly high-performance web applications, both on the front-end and back-end
- Design, review, and oversee the implementation of Epic’s web framework to all consumer-facing websites and applications
- Performance improvement and security hardening of web applications and infrastructure
- Providing input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Effectively identify stakeholders and gather feature requirements
- Lead and grow a web team as both a people manager and a tactical driver of success, with the ability to contribute to day-to-day efforts as needed
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Experience architecting and leading innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
- Knowledge in functional programming is a big asset
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.