UE Tools Programmer Intern
Epic Games Unreal Engine Editor Tools Team is looking for a talented and creative Tools Programmer Intern to join us for Fall 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the internship for you!
The Epic Games Unreal Engine Editor Tools Team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining our new Unreal Engine 5 Editor, with a focus on the user experience and content tools while also improving the editor framework. You will work directly with the brightest minds at Epic as we scale our reality redefining engine beyond gaming.
- Partner with UE5 team members to create and implement new engine extensions and features.
- Collaborate with the artists and designers on building content creation tools for UE5.
- Improve existing features in the engine editor.
- Investigate and fix bugs to improve the overall editor experience.
- Measurably strong C++ development experience and knowledge required, C++17 or 14 strongly preferred.
- Transferable previous experience with Tools, UX design, system architecture, and game frameworks strongly preferred.
- Game engine fundamentals experience strongly desired, UE preferred.
- Examples of your previous tools programming experience clearly described in your application required, Samples of your work (Github, previously developed games/tools/editors, or personal site/technical portfolio, etc.) desired.
- Demonstrated communication skills and strong work ethic working in a remote team environment.
- Undergrad or grad degree in Computer Science with focus on Game Development, Mathematics, or similar discipline.
This is a paid, remote internship during Fall 2021. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.