(Closed) Sr. QA Engineer, Fortnite
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given Fortnite feature, functionality or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers. As such, you will be at the center of both game and engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing game features
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover Fortnite game features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Manage automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Contribute automated test cases or tools within a framework
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across game feature sets to analyze quality
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of software testing experience in a fast- paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
Nice to have skills
- Prior experience with running and designing automated tests
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprints
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.