Product Manager - Social
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Online Services
What We Do
We’re working to bring the gaming industry closer together. Allowing players to play and interact with friends across platforms, products and games, better than ever, in any game and on any platform.
What You'll Do
Product management is both challenging and rewarding. As part of the Epic Online Services Social team you’ll be focused on enabling our players to have fun while creating meaningful friendships that persist across many games and experiences. This important pursuit requires empathy for our players as well as an analytical approach towards their actions. To better understand their needs and requirements you will study and reflect those learnings to the engineering teams so that we can experiment with well-considered solutions.
For us, product management means considering behaviors and systematically questioning assumptions. We strive to understand how things work (or don’t work), and to implement those findings with simplicity and elegance. If that resonates with you, then we'd love to talk.
In This Role You Will
- Ideate, design and spec new and existing features for the EOS Social Experiences across various products and games (including 3rd party)
- Drive and own the outcome on initiatives with minimal direction/supervision.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to ship new experiences.
- Establish KPIs for product analytics that influence future roadmaps
- Engage with 3rd parties to shape product roadmaps
- Establish, guide, and modify product documentation.
- Consider & collaborate, build and improve.
What We're Looking For
- Someone who is organized, able to work independently & with tight timelines.
- Experience working in a cross functional environment with engineering, design, QA, production and business stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, documentation writing and presentation skills.
- Experience working on multiplayer experiences (in games or social networks)
- 3-5 years of product management experience shipping features
- SQL skills, a plus
- Great sense of humor, also, a plus
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.