(Closed) Senior Web Engineer (Epic Online Services)
Epic Games is looking for a Full-Stack Web Engineer to join the Player Engagement Services team to work on new products for the Fortnite audience. Our stack is React, Node.js, Reactive Java, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kubernetes and a host of other tools and services. As a part of the Player Engagement team you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn as well as contribute your ideas to product development.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer you will handle both frontend and backend pieces of the products as well as the full service delivery process of services - planning product roadmaps, design, configuring development tools, setting up CI/CD and automated testing, provisioning AWS, configuring monitoring tools and communicating with other teams. And if it spikes your interest, building massively high scale Fortnite services in JVM languages is also at your fingertips.
In this role you'll work in a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, frontend, backend and quality assurance engineers to ship new online services to developers and gamers alike. The ideal candidate has a deep passion for delivering precisely engineered software experiences, and has been part of the engineering efforts of large scale online services before.
Please submit a cover letter with your application describing what makes you interested in the position and specific experience that will help you execute well in this role.
- You'll work in the Player Engagement Services team with Product Managers, Designers, Frontend and Backend Engineers to conceptualize and build new services and features.
- You own the technical design and will drive implementation of robust, scalable online solutions.
- You sweat about the details and thrive to build great customer centric UIs.
- You review code, improve engineering standards, tooling and processes, and mentor other engineers to produce high-quality results.
- You communicate and collaborate with teams across Epic to ensure online services are implemented and go live across the entire Epic ecosystem (Fortnite, Epic Games Store, Unreal Engine, and Epic Online Services)
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, understanding strong and weak sides of Node.js
- Experience in architecting Node.js applications
- Regular usage of React framework and experience in building well thought out user interfaces
- Knowledge of development and build tools - webpack, eslint, prettier and etc.
- Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Focus on service maintainability and security
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working with AWS
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- As a plus - experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and building scalable backend systems with JVM languages
- Willingness to learn from and teach fellow teammates
Come join us, this is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy.