Character Outsourcing Lead
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Character Outsourcing Lead to support and supervise creative content provided by outsource partners. Reporting to the individual art lead(s) and working with the Outsource Manager, the Character Outsourcing Lead will provide front-line creative feedback for work submitted for Epic review.
Though the role will be mainly supervisory, the individual should be an experienced artist, having worked in game studio pipelines before, and have a solid hands-on art background.
The ideal candidate would be a talented artist who is able to communicate with outsource partners, including documenting existing pipelines, collecting or creating quality bar and technical example assets, collecting photo reference, creating asset blockouts, creating simple blockout paint overs, and finally packaging all files to send off to the external artists.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with the individual Epic Art Leads, Outsource Manager(s), and artists on the team to ensure assets have all the information they need when they are sent out to the external teams.
- Collect or generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- If required, making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and technically game ready as they’re handed off from the outsource partner.
- Clearly communicating feedback to the outsource partner, and ensuring those creative notes and goals are met. Informing leadership in the event that isn’t happening.
- Communicating and partnering with internal Epic art staff ensuring outsourced assets are ingested into the pipeline and engine correctly.
- When required, some amount of hands-on art production delivering assets for the project, ensuring they are familiar and capable working inside of the Epic pipeline.
- Bug support, triage, and resolution for any art assets that have been created by the outsourcing team.
What We're Looking For
- Experienced in shipping AAA titles across multiple platforms.
- Experienced shipping production assets for games in either environment, character, weapon, or concept disciplines
- Experienced in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player.
- Must be a clear and concise communicator, able to deliver complex creative feedback across external vendor locations.
- Experienced working within a team and a high pressure production environment
- A PLUS - Fluency in a languages other than English, including Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, or Russian
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including (but not limited to):
- Cary, NC
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- New York City, NY
- Austin, TX
- Seattle, WA
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.