(Closed) Associate QA Analyst
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you’ll do
Epic Games is adding an Associate QA Analyst to work in an embedded position on a game feature development team. You will work closely with other QA teammates and developers to ensure a high quality bar is maintained in your feature area. This particular role will be on the Map and Level Design team for the Fortnite game project.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Build test approaches and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Execute functional, regression, and automation testing activities
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we’re looking for
- 12+ months of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Some experience to a SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Game development or level design experience
- Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing
- Unreal engine 4 experience
- JIRA or other Bug database experience
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.