Senior Game Designer
Creating experiences is magical… but everyone should be able to do it! We are trying to realize this dream by creating games, communities, and building empowering technologies. If you are passionate about our mission, bring your expertise, enthusiasm and ridiculous ideas. Everyone at Embark contributes as game makers and culture creators. Your willingness to fail and learn with us, and enjoy it, is essential to our success.
You will be responsible for detailed design work on a project, turning concepts into play. Working with the team to understand goals and ideas, you are comfortable exploring and refining those ideas into practical buildable systems. Your role involves bringing your own ideas and hearing everyone else’s, and shepherding them from early prototypes to well tuned shipping gameplay.
You have played lots of games… across genres, platforms, and playstyles. You can articulate differences and similarities, and identify learnings and lessons. That knowledge helps you know when a new idea is paying off and when it should be discarded and a refinement of past approaches would be more effective. You can map a desired player feeling into systems to produce it. You are thoughtful about how all elements of a game work together to create the experience, and enjoy working with everyone on the game team to make it happen. You are especially effective at communicating and collaborating with peers, making sure everyone feels like they can contribute to the design. Seeing it all come together for the player makes you happy.
Example of responsibilities
- Constant interaction with rest of team, always be curious and look for new ideas
- Living, evocative, visual documentation suitable for detailed analysis with other designers or broad stroke understanding across the entire team
- Guiding a small team of developers where you prototype, build and test features
We would love if you have
- Passion for and experience with high quality hands-on game building
- Experience from AAA live service games and/or F2P
- Advocacy for the player's experience and their creative involvement
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration - eager to design and share with others
- Familiarity with coding practice, art pipelines, or sophisticated systems design
- 10+ years of design work across multiple types of games
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."