Worlds Artist (Temporary)
EA Create Art is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We create all art content for
EA Vancouver’s line-up of games, including our successful Sports titles – FIFA, NHL, and UFC – and supporting several other genres of games. Partnering directly with our development teams, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry-leading visuals.
What The World Artist Will Do At EA Vancouver
With an interest in creating content for both level-based games, as well as our Sports titles, we are looking for artists with expertise in: world/level creation, hard surface assets, material creation, and Worlds generalists.
Along with a proven ability to deliver to production schedules, we are looking for a proactive team player with the passion to create outstanding art content, and the desire to explore new workflows and methods of execution.
This may include: physically based materials, 3D paint (e.g. Substance Painter), high-end modeling techniques, level creation, photogrammetry and content-driven workflows.
Working with the Art Leads, Art Directors and other project disciplines, you will use your art production experience to work effectively, taking into account: technical constraints, time, quality expectations, resources and project scope
Along with the current roster of games, as a cross-project team and part of the larger EA Studios organization, we have exciting times ahead. You will help establish our future for art production and pushing the bar for visual excellence. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this role likely be a work from home position.
- Create high-quality benchmark content, from individual assets to entire levels, sets, or stadiums/arenas
- Communicate progress to important partners within the team and reach out for help when needed.
- Participate in group reviews
What The World Artist Needs To Have
- Expert knowledge of Maya. Modo, or similar 3D modeling software experience
- Proficiency with ZBrush is desirable (for sculpting assets)
- Create both organic and man-made / hard surface assets
- Adapt to different art styles, including photorealistic and stylized
- Create a sense of ‘story’ in a scene or game asset – considering age, weathering, and context
- Sense of scene composition with an eye for lighting, colour, and detail
- Knowledge of high and low-poly modeling techniques, along with high-to-low-poly surface baking
- Experience creating and working with lightmaps
- An excellent understanding of physical materials and how to replicate them in CG
- Ability to paint believable surfaces, using industry standard software (ideally Substance Painter)
- Ability to create node-based materials is a plus (e.g. Substance Designer)
- An understanding of the entire game art production process, from concept through to final
- Experience working with content driven game engines (e.g. Unreal / Unity)
- Knowledge of terrain creation (both modeled and procedurally generated) is an advantage
- Knowledgeable and keeps current with best practices in game art production and software applications
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.