Tools Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
As a Tools Software Engineer, you will be part of a talented, multi-disciplinary team working in the Frostbite Engine to develop features, tools and workflows for the FIFA team. You will partner with the art, rendering and software engineering teams to implement pragmatic solutions across our content creation and engineering pipelines. This includes the workflows and systems for artists and engineers spanning asset creation, offline processing, storage, caching, feature development, and cinematics.
- Work closely with producers, designers, artists and other engineers to develop user-friendly tools; easy to manage and efficient pipelines; and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Analyze workflows and bottlenecks in the content production process, and identify opportunities to leverage automation to implement practical solutions.
- Devise and implement methods to optimally store and transform data along the offline tool processing chain.
- Implement new features and improve existing ones in workflow tools using C# and C++.
- Help troubleshoot issues the team encounters locally as well as with the tools themselves in a patient and understanding manner.
- Identify 3rd party solutions and integrate them into our workflow where appropriate.
- Excellent and proven communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience using C++ and C# in a professional environment.
- Experience with video game content pipelines on shipped games.
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as mySQL, MongoDB.
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity and ease workloads.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.