Senior Gameplay Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The EA Sports UFC team is looking for an Art Director to lead the franchise into the exciting next-generation of gaming. As an Art Director, you will work with both Game Design and Production partners in bringing the UFC franchise to a new visual benchmark. Your unique background will bring a fresh perspective on art direction, leadership, and promoting the individuals from each domain to use their strengths in a collaborative and unified effort in delivering the best UFC experience yet.
You have an eye for visual quality and can incorporate the rich history of game visuals and technology - in addition to staying on the cutting edge of culture, fashion, and film to create the future of our players' experience. You have shipped a high-quality game in a role where you were responsible for guiding and mentoring artists, critiquing their work, and creating visual targets. Experienced art leads are encouraged to apply.
- You will work directly with our game team leadership to understand the market opportunities and translate that into an aspirational vision for the visual experience and priorities for the franchise
- You will collaborate in the execution of a shared vision for the visual development of the franchise with our Animation, Experience, and Creative Directors
- You will ensure that the visual goals and priorities are understood and followed by all members of the art team
- You will lead art reviews, examine content, give feedback and motivate our team to the shared goals and vision
- You will help create a sustainable visual foundation to support our franchise's long-term success
- You will report to the Studio Art Director and have the support of a large and diverse community of experienced visual directors
- You have 5+ years of experience creating or directing captivating visual experiences
- You have shown passion for leading and communicating with teams of artists and engineers, providing engaging presentations to all levels both within and outside the team
- You express a constant desire to grow and evolve as creative, a leader, and as a member of a team
- You have led a team of any size from concept, through production and into final to ship a high-quality product
- You have direct experience in how video game artists work with and improve upon, large quantities of new and legacy visual content across worlds, characters, lighting, and visual effects
- You have a rich and informed understanding of the current trends of real-time visuals and content-creation methods
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.