Senior Game Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Our game teams are the creators and builders of the exhilarating experiences behind Codemasters titles and an exciting opportunity has opened in our Birmingham studio (or our Southam studio, near Leamington Spa, if more preferable), working on the official Formula 1 series as a Senior Gameplay Programmer!
This opportunity will see you working alongside, mentor and help to lead other talented programmers, designers and production staff to build innovative and exciting game features. In this multi-disciplinary environment, everyone is encouraged to evolve past their standard day-to-day duties and to share their ideas. We offer a super social and collaborative working environment, which is important to us, and this allows us to continue pushing the boundaries on what can be achieved.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you can expect to work on many aspects of a game, which will include end-to-end user experience, system design, networked gameplay and user interfaces to name a few. With these wide-ranging opportunities, we're looking for someone who embraces a challenge and holds a desire to give something new a try.
We pride ourselves on high-quality engineering here at Codemasters and that is best demonstrated with our own in-house cutting-edge engine tech and tools that enable our programmers low-level access that you’ll struggle to find in the majority of game studios.
By joining Codies, you'll be working in a highly supportive environment with genuine opportunities to grow your skillset, whilst being afforded job security as we continue to deliver best in class racing experiences.
If you’ve got the C++ programming experience, have experience of working in the industry on shipped titles and this sounds like an unmissable opportunity to you, please get in touch with us, we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and documenting code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bug
- Work within a cross-discipline team to develop code, delivering features and tools
- Participating in sprint reviews, sharing your work and providing feedback to help your scrum team be more efficient
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have/be:
- Solid career experience in C++ programming, ideally within games
- Experienced in game prototyping, frontend programming and 3D geometry
- Several year's experience and have been involved with full life-cycle shipped projects
- Be enthusiastic about modern development techniques and keen to apply them to games.
It would be great if you have:
- Experience of scripting and tool languages such as C# and Python
- Knowledge of network and shader experience
In return you will receive:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus structure
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free game each release
- Chance to enter the annual draw for hospitality at the British Grand Prix
- Incredible peer community of top flight programmers in the games industry
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.