Senior Environment Artist - Hard Surfaces
Senior Environment Artist- Hard Surfaces (Create-BATTLEFIELD)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Worlds team enriches players’ experience with environments and variety of hard-surface assets such as vehicles, props & weapons.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Environment Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Environment Artist is a creative role that will work with both internal and external teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help to create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to be able to achieve the same quality as our internal teams. It is the role of Hard Surfaces Artists to partner with the Art Leads, External Development Art Director, team leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality and innovation and to help drive processes, tools, and training for our external partners.
- Content reviews and feedback, ensuring content quality meets or exceeds targets.
- Working with multiple studio Art Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations.
- Participate in relevant art review meetings.
- Finalizing content to ensure quality requirements are met - on an “as-needed basis”.
- Integration of external content into the game engine – on an “as-needed basis”.
- Creation of hard surface briefs and packages.
- As needed - the ability to travel to partner studios or OS vendors on multi-week visits to kick off the engagement, train external artists, and to learn from and collaborate with the game team.
- Senior artist with ideally 5 to 10 years of 3D production experience, including Hard Surface asset work (Character knowledge is also a benefit).
- Understanding of industry-standard 3D applications and general workflows Example: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter - High poly, Low poly, UV and texturing practices.
- Knowledge of high-poly to low-poly surface baking.
- Able to understand WGLL (What Good Looks Like) from a AAA perspective on the Art Direction and Design.
- Self-Driven and able to manage tasks & workload independently
- Good communicator able to manage expectations from multiple stakeholders, or teammates from varied locations.
- Good understanding of PBR materials and applications.
- Able to quickly learn EA Create best practices - including providing feedback in Shotgun.
- Able to effectively set up briefs and organize packages for external partners.
- Able to provide feedback for hard surface work, and some character-related work.
- Able to adapt to new engine and integrate content.
- Ability to lead and mentor other artists on the team
- Familiarity with full production from concept ideation through final modeling and integration is a plus.
- Able to work from home, or travel domestically and internationally, as travel restrictions and safety precautions allow.
- Above all, we need someone who has a positive attitude and works well with others, as this will be a heavily collaborative role.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.