Senior Applications Software Engineer - Perforce
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Who are we?
We are the IT team who supports Respawn Entertainment, a AAA game development studio that was founded in 2010 by former co-founders of Infinity Ward and creators of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. We shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and recently shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends.
You will report to the IT Director and support our Star Wars™, Apex Legends, and Super-Secret VR game development teams. And we are looking for a Sr. Application Engineer who has a passion for SCM, partnering with Game Development, Build / Release, and QA teams. Don’t just play it, help create it.
- You will oversee the Perforce / Helix Core Version Control Software Service end-to-end including design, implementation, support, and customer interaction for Respawn Studio
- You will provide support and administrative actions related to the installation and maintenance of Perforce / Helix systems, while also engineering solutions that require minimal support
- Responsible for monitoring, analytics, and reporting
- You will propose, implement, and deploy efficient and scalable solutions to allow our fast-growing teams to release software more frequently while maintaining high-quality
- Educate and proactively engage members of the development, build/release, and QA teams to align on strategy and support of Perforce / Helix service
- You will participate in code reviews and provides constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve
- You will use the cloud where appropriate, using automation, cloud computing and configuration as code
Job qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of source control management experience including advanced concepts like branching strategies and developer workflows
- Requires a broad knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac OS operating systems, and interoperating environments deployed across bare metal and virtualized environments
- Experience with the following: PowerShell/Python/Java/C#/C++
- Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Experience with enterprise CI/CD tools, such as JIRA, Jenkin, Artifactory, and GIT
- Experience with automated build pipelines, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Understand CI and experience with solutions like Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into game development solutions
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience with DevOps, including automation experience, cloud computing, and configuration as the code is a plus
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.