Online Software Engineer - NHL
The Online Software Engineer As an Online Software Engineer, you will help to develop and extend features in the game to facilitate a more connected and socially interactive game experience. An Online Software Engineer will be expected to do full stack development working on both game client and backend services for multiple platforms. You will be working with Designers, Artist and Engineers from other domains to architect, implement, debug and tune features for the game.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.