Online Software Engineer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
- Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own a tech module
- You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
- You will design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
- You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
- You will work independently and communicate status
- You will identify, communicate and solve issues
- Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Strong experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures
- Experience with modern Database technologies
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
- Experience with 3rd party APIs
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.