NHL - Content Designer/Scripter (Temporary)
Role: Content Designer/Scripter (Temporary)
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.
An EA Sports Content Designer/Scripter at EA Vancouver works closely with the production and design team on identifying and creating live content that the EA Sports customer longs for. Deep knowledge of Hockey and a genuine passion for the sport is a requirement. You will also need a good eye for product quality and usability along with a hunger for AAA game development.
Some of the main tasks for this position include live content design and live content execution which will require you to have good people skills. Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external developers is therefore a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from different disciplines, focused on achieving shared product goals.
- Has experience with cameras either digital and/or practical. Candidate should know how to frame a shot and understand rules of composition. Practical photography experience is a bonus.
- Ability to come up with and document creative ideas. Evaluate and critique existing ideas.
- Good eye for game quality and strong advocate for the end-user experience.
- Good problem-solving skills and is results-oriented.
- Ability to focus on the big picture and always keep in mind the desired outcome.
- Systems thinker with the ability to learn and understand how end to end systems work.
- Work with NHL producers to understand targets and priority changes.
- Responsible for effective communication of progress and quality with NHL team.
- Create and maintain documentation for upcoming and current presentation features
- Assist with audio recording sessions.
- Camera creation for the EA Sports broadcast package and the main menu.
- Work closely across teams to manage dependencies and coordinate deliverables.
- Contribute to team morale & team health. Encourage others towards positive working relationships.
- Min 1 year background in game design and/or production with relevant experience working on tight deadlines.
- Passion for and deep understanding of hockey a plus.
- Good knowledge of the EA SPORTS NHL franchise.