Machine Learning Engineer
You know when you look at promo videos or still screenshots of a game and you think it looks incredible? Remember how you felt when you actually played it, and twitchy animations, sub-par AI and characters that seem to have no perception of the world around them shattered your dream? It’s time to put a stop to this!
Our team in EA Vancouver is a central group devoted to advancing the fields of character animation and AI in EA games: we work towards a (near) future where animation, physics and AI all play together to create realistic and compelling characters. Our technology is shared across multiple games in EA including FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC, Battlefield and many others: talk about getting in game credits, hey?
We are looking for passionate research engineers to join us, using Machine Learning (amongst other things!) to push the boundaries of animation quality and help bring our characters to life!
- Stay up to date with academic development in the field of Machine Learning
- Propose and develop novel ML based solutions to solve problems in character animation, agent behavior and content generation
- Design and implement Machine Learning solutions that consider game development requirements:
- Usable workflows that minimize human intervention
- Low impact runtime complexity
- Collaborate with content creators and other software engineers to ensure that our tools are maintainable, effective and easy to use
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, statistics, machine learning or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with C/C++
- Strong knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, and optimization
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the field with a demonstrated practical approach to problem solving
- Tensorflow, PyTorch, NumPy, SciPy and similar
- Focus on Deep Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning approaches to improve character animation
- Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. in computer science, applied math, statistics, machine learning or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in game development
- High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Good communication skills
- Passion for making games look and play great
- We love RL. We hope you do too. We will ask you about it. What a save!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.