Legal Associate, Approvals (Non-Attorney)
Requisition Number: 165151
EA is looking for an organized and enthusiastic Approvals Associate to work in EA’s Legal Department in Redwood Shores, California, under the supervision of the Managing Counsel. The Approvals Associate will provide support to our product, marketing, and business teams by reviewing and advising on consumer-facing products and materials.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
- Partner with Product Counsel to support game development teams on legal issues related to game development.
- Work with Specialist Counsel to advise game and marketing teams on issues such as content clearance, game features and functionality.
- Review marketing and advertising materials for content clearance, messaging and disclosures and help maintain and develop internal guidance, processes, and policies.
- Prepare contest and other promotion rules, disclosures and notices.
- Perform trademark searches content clearance research or other legal research as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience at in-house legal department or a law firm is a plus.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced legal department.
- Experience or familiarity with video games is a big plus.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.