"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Lead Writer to join our team and contribute to the creation of rich and memorable interactive stories here at Motive. The Lead Writer will work with the Creative Director and in high-level ideation for the game's narrative and world, then coach and guide the writing team in the delivery of that vision.
What you'll do at Motive:
- Be an essential driver for the main storyline, world lore, and quest storylines
- Conceptualize and provide rich narrative content that strengthens the overall game experience
- Manage the writing team to ensure high team engagement and consistent delivery on objectives
- Review the work of the writing team, providing feedback for revisions
- Work with developers across every discipline to help create a cohesive experience
- Support marketing with copy that aligns with the tone and style of the game
Who You Are:
- Fluent in English
- 8+ years of professional writing experience, including published works or shipped games
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game as a lead or senior writer
- Experience in all stages of AAA game development
- Team management experience
- Expert at crafting non-sequential stories that tie to progression and overall player experience