Game Designer II
Game Designer II
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer II to help design and implement new content and game features. This is a mid-level role for a Game Designer with 5-6 + years of experience looking for a role where they can develop their mobile game design skills and mentor junior designers in the team. The ideal candidate will have proven substantial experience designing and balancing compelling content on live mobile games!
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owners
- Create innovative and engaging content and features
- Maintain accurate documentation of design solutions
- Work with development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
- Tune content at appropriate levels for all our players
- Balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetization
- Remain current on industry design trends
Skills and Experience
- 5-6+ years of experience in mobile game design
- Demonstrable content creation skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience iterating on live features based on player feedback and telemetry data
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.