(Closed) Development Manager
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is a challenge. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to a Development Director, a Development Manager (DM), ensures the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. You as the DM will oversee the project schedule, hiring, and manage the team to achieve to a high standard
- You will manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers.
- You will work with feature development teams to lock down requirements and specifications.
- You will need to anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
- You will need to identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
- You will focus on the immediate team and identify team issues and suggest solutions related to execution goals.
- You will ensure each project setup meets the specifications with Studio.
- You will provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- You will track and implement project improvement plans to promote team efficiency.
- You will need to establish engagement processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- You will mentor individual contributors within the project team
- You will ensure all have professional development plans and conduct regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Manager will have at a minimum, one of the following: 3+ years Project Management or Project Lead experience, 3+ years of experience in a software development environment, or generally 2+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Arts.
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes, and project planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, and Visio
- Experience working with expansive teams.
- Experience in mediation and conflict resolution
Additional Skills And Nice To Haves, EA Looks For
- A masters degree
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience working on console development