Development Director - FIFA Software Quality Assurance
Development Directors are the quality owners for a franchise, product and services. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. We’re looking for candidates with experience managing operations teams and leading large-scale projects, with passion for technology.
You will report to the Senior Development Director.
Experience in Operations:
- Work with partners/partners to improve overall quality by emphasizing quality verification throughout the development lifecycle.
- Improve the operational effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
- Develop working relationships with our partners
- Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish project requirements.
- Manage external QA teams.
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team.
- Work with project team and coordinates requirements with external partners.
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Work with partners to manage scope and quality.
- Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly.
- Provide feedback to project budget and budget planning process; follow and track budget.
You should also have:
- Understanding of project management methodology; can model systems and reports using Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Project, Word, VISIO and other EAC standard tools.
- Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task requirements, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes.
- You can identify/mitigating risks; take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules.
- You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of commitment.
- You learn quickly and applies new concepts and procedures while dealing with change by asking questions or promoting solutions.
- 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with different software development methodologies (such as Waterfall and Agile).
- Software development managment experience.
- Familiarity with EA’s sports products.
- Project management certifications or training.
- Understanding of Big data systems and pipelines.
- Understanding of server infrastructure and testing, alongside assessing security risks and using data to identify fraud/illegitimate users would be ideal.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.