C++ Software Engineer - Rendering - EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Rendering Software Engineer, you are an essential part of the game creation process, and are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. You will work with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to help build complex graphics features, life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds, and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
- Reporting to the Technical Director, you will develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
- You will research and implement rendering techniques.
- You will create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
- You will help establish technical design specifications.
- You will design and implement code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
- You profile and optimize rendering modules of a game engine.
- You are always up-to-date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
- 5+ years of experience with C++, and development experience with real-time rendering.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Familiarity with graphics APIs for PC and/or console platforms.
- Experience with shaders (HLSL/GLSL).
- Familiarity with profiling tools (e.g. Renderdoc, PIX, Razor), and optimizing features.
- Advanced knowledge of Calculus or Linear Algebra.
- Experience shipping at least one title on PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo consoles, or working on large-scale projects is helpful. As is experience with graphics tools and exporters such as Maya, MotionBuilder and Photoshop, knowledge of Maya API and Mel programming, and experience working with Artists & other content creators.
- Expertise in several of these fields is an advantage: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Familiarity with graphics hardware, or working knowledge of the latest version of DirectX are a significant benefit.