C++ Software Engineer - Production Systems - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
You will be a part of our team building core systems for data management and game asset processing that make our tools responsive and stable for thousands of users editing millions of assets.
Some examples of what we work with are:
- The system that provides on-disk data to our editor
- The pipeline for creating game-ready data from raw or source data
- A caching system for built data to increase efficiency
- A service for On-demand loading of large game data
This team belongs to the Production Systems domain that creates tools, frameworks and services that EA’s content creators rely on to create and enhance EA’s games. You’ll find opportunities to improve content creator workflows, allowing faster iteration times and creativity for our engineers content creators. You will report to our Senior Engineering Manager.
- Work collaboratively on design, test, and maintenance of services delivered by the team
- Provide architectural guidance and technical direction for complex feature sets
- Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team to improve team productivity and code quality
- Work with program management in the breakdown and estimation of projects
- Gain domain expertise and actively share knowledge within the team and domain
- Communicate with game and other Frostbite teams around the world to understand their specific needs
- Contribute to discussions around the longer term vision and high level plans for the future of the product area
- 4+ years of experience with C++ programming, data-guided design, and software architecture
- Comfortable working within an established codebase
- Collaborative attitude or experience working with mob/pair programming
- Experienced in building high-performing concurrent software
- Experience with agile development practices
- Knowledge about game engines and content pipelines
- Experience in data processing and data management
- Experience implementing databases or file systems
- Some experience with recent web technologies and HTTP
- Experience of C#
We look forward to receiving your application!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.