Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Associate Automation Software Engineer – EA Localization, Localization Testing
As a member of the LT Tech team, you will contribute to the development of tools and assets able to guarantee an delivery of all localized versions of EA's titles.
This is a 6-month contract: you'll work with different programming languages, gaming technologies, platforms, frameworks, and report directly to the Technical Lead of the area. During your work on projects, you will be in contact with and work with diverse EA teams.
- You'll investigate how to employ latest technologies to enhance performance and improve processes and tasks. You will use modern software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- You will contribute to the development of tools and systems able to support testing and specification. You will focus on improving or developing web-based clients with us who can work with the videogames using remote procedure calls.
- You'll ensure the testing of what has been developed is performed, before submitting a feature to our QA department.
- You'll ensure all work is documented thoroughly with us.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or above/equivalent.
- Knowledge of the game industry and software development processes.
- 1-2+ years competence with some of the current development technologies, including Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, C#.
- Knowledge of video games development and engines. Good knowledge of at least one of the following: Unreal Engine, Unity or Frostbite.
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and process documentation.
- Follow documented procedures, identify potential improvements and update.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.