Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they promote quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the Associate Quality Designer (AQD) is to drive quality best practices and innovation across Compliance & Certification (EACC) through the use of research and development, experiences from past products/services, and the creation of standards. The AQD’s manage the investigation and adoption of Compliance and Certification tools in order to assist in the verification cycles during development, release and live service. They help facilitate the creation of compliant workflows from the get go in order to not be dependent on verification processes during the latter stages of development. They are responsible for maintaining and sharing specialised platform knowledge across EACC and the wider EA and ensure EACC’s testing methodology is up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely and build strong relationships with technology based teams in EA such as QE and SCQT in order to leverage existing verification tools and adapt them for EACC verification needs.
- Work closely and build a strong relationship with platform based teams in EA such as Frostbite, EADP & EAX to ensure platforms are built with Compliance in mind in order to reduce dependency on manual verification processes.
- Leverage new technologies, seek for automation solutions and assist with ROI for possible implementation. Ownership of EACC’s automated platform solutions.
- Work closely with EACC Software Engineers building solutions to help improve our ability to test EA games more effectively.
- Build and maintain a relationship with 1P and EA platform counterparts such as Legal and Publishing, ensuring that EACC is leading EA on new standards, requirements, and process changes. Ensure this information is communicated throughout EA.
- Work closely with the EACC Quality Designer and other key members within CDS, EA Studios, and other business- or technology-based teams in EA to drive higher quality standards across EA’s portfolio and implement change.
- Create standards and requirements focusing on quality best practices, aiming for consistency across platform specific validation methodologies.
- Perform strategic analysis using all available sources of information (internal consumer data, consumer insights, research data, industry sources) to support decision-making processes.
- Keep partner-facing sites up-to-date with the latest information on EA Standards, 1P/ EA platform requirements and processes and help to promote their use.
- Work closely and build strong relationships with PLM Submissions technical team on wider EA initiatives and best practice relating to platform specific execution.
- Take a leading role in EACC Roadmap initiatives.
- Work closely with EACC Data Analyst to find data driven solutions. Strive for further efficiencies and success rate supported by the available Look for innovative new data tracking in order to support evolution of EACC testing. Provide key contributions to EACC test planning and methodology.
- Analyze department-wide test verification data (e.g. Escape-Defects, First Party Concerns, etc.) and maintain EACC’s defect prevention methodology based on the results.
- Support Sr Analysts overseeing and maintaining training programs to ensure test excellence across all EACC test teams and locations.
- Responsible for platform specific hardware forecast and purchase.
EACC is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the workload and the make-up of teams vary. Therefore, it is necessary that the incumbent has past-experience of working in a team environment of constant change. This also requires a flexible approach to working hours.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years QA or Compliance & Certification experience.
- In-depth understanding of EA Standards, and requirements and tools pertaining to at least one platform.
- Advanced understanding of the development process.
- Strong working experience and collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Capable of translating complex technical initiatives in a simple easy to understand manner.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of programming languages.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as SQL and Power BI.
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Scrum/ Agile Project Management methodology
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Jira
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.