Associate Quality Designer
EAX QV is looking to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role reporting to the Development Manager for the Quality Support and Partnership (QSP) Team in Galway to help accomplish the live quality strategy within EAX.
EAX QV oversees the end-to-end quality of our products and services such as Origin, EA Access, Franchise Websites and partner programmes. You will work directly with our EAX partners to verify the quality of the end to end-user experiences of product releases, promotions, sales and all future programs. This will involve conducting manual tests supported by tools and automation to ensure the development and content created by our partners is fit for purpose and any defects or issues affecting live quality are identified and addressed with a quick turnaround.
- Test our current products (Origin, EA Access, Franchise Websites) to verify content, marketing and functional releases and working with partners to resolve bugs
- Work in partnership with Quality Designers, Leads, Managers, and peers to drive continuous improvement upstream in the development and content creation process
- Use multiple testing methodologies on appropriate features/tools, while also analyzing feature sets to find opportunities for automation
- Use existing risk-based strategy within your area or domain environment and apply established tactics towards introducing efficiency into test methodology
- Create task breakdown and estimates in early planning stages of development while being the main driver for gathering design information and updates from development and publishing teams
- Use a Player First approach while thinking about the Quality our players receive. Be the voice of QUALITY
- Work with other team members to promote effective testing, issue reporting and overall ensure close collaboration between teams
- Use and build data visualizations to identify and improve on effective testing methods
- Perform the proposed test approach for content publishing and any other area assigned,and implement test/validation procedures within the said area to validate expected vs actual results
Who You Are:
- Flexible and team-oriented. Excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills and manage workload along with other projects
- Player First - Ability to showcase how a feature/bug/change could positively or negatively be received, and what impact it may have on our users
- Understand complex features/systems, how they function and their impact to our players
- Work in group settings under high-pressure and take ownership of tasks and features
- Naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions
- Analyse results/problems on test projects, identify and guide appropriate action to ensure product quality
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and its benefits to a live service model
- Someone who can inspire and cultivate ideas to promote our Live Quality strategy
- Can work from home for an extended period of time
- 3+ Years of Quality Analyst/testing experience
- 1+ years of Live Operations experience
- Experience creating and delivering appropriate level reporting
- Experience with documentation and mentoring
- Experience in PC and console use
- Familiarity with EAX services (Origin, EA Access, Franchise Websites)
- Familiarity with automated testing and benefits
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
EA is an equal opportunity employer.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.