Associate Quality Designer
Requisition Number: 165067
EAX QA is seeking an individual to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role for the EAX QA Team. This position will be responsible for the supervision of the team's quality strategies and processes for applied automation strategies, as well as, in conjunction with our leadership team, defining best practices for our Quality Analyst job family. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall quality of the mac product, ensuring it delivers an engaging experience that is tailored to mac players. This position is integral to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA deliver on its commitment to putting Players First.
- Provide leadership to the EAX business from an Analyst perspective for applied automation strategies.
- Help drive a united automation roadmap and define goals for EAX QA and DEV partners for EAX products.
- Provide input into long-range plans for quality strategies for EAX platforms.
- Utilize metrics and analytics effectively to monitor and report on the product's health and identify key issues to resolve.
- Help to assess the overall impact of the product features and their influence on key performance metrics.
- Propose, provide, and drive solutions to problems with minimal supervision from senior staff.
- Track dependencies and overall impact to projects into account when providing solutions.
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or virtual face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers.
- Mentor the analyst team through informal/formal coaching as well as leading by example.
- Drive sharing of best practices across scrums and teams.
- Regularly capture key knowledge through creation and updating of resources such as wikis, documents, forums, etc., and encourages others to do the same.
- Contribute and audit ONE QA team strategies and test plans to ensure the correct application of verification.
- Help drive Bug Prevention and Containment initiatives for EAX QA.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with senior members of the development, product, and design teams.
You are a….
Strategic Leader: your strategic planning and results-driven attitude make you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision. When making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, the viability of launches, risks, and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation.
Culturally Astute: you are comfortable forging alliances across organizational and geographical barriers to shore up support for player-first initiatives; you never stop learning about high performance and agile culture.
Gamer: you have a passion for play and whether this be through the nostalgia of spending quarters at an arcade to experimenting with the latest sports simulation, you love the games, community, and industry
Self-starting: you see ambiguity as a challenge and an opportunity; your built-in compass helps steer your team true even when conditions are foggy.
Quality Focused: you desire to help ensure we deliver products with the highest level of quality consistently to our players and look for ways to continuously improve our methods and approaches.
Data-informed: you identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, and prepare status reports; you befriend performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
Morale builder: incident and problem management can feel like the world is on the shoulders of the team; you know how to keep spirits high and build team morale to find success in goals that we own and deliver.
Communicator: your excellent verbal and written communications skills apply across audiences; you know how to collect information and communicate it in a clear and succinct manner that gets to the point and rallies team members to action.
- 3+ years Quality Analyst experience
- Familiarity with Origin & EA Desktop products and offers
- Experience with PC testing tools (Fiddler, ODT, FRAPS, etc.
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Advanced understanding of Bug Prevention and Containment strategies
- Familiar with automated testing and benefits
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA
- Strong understanding of effective automation application
Want to learn more about EAX?
EAX is a high-performing team within EA that manages several digital distribution and subscription products including EA Play. EA Play allows users to purchase subscriptions and games on PC and console platforms. Users can stay connected to everything, take their pick of all the great games in ‘The Vault’ and play as much as they want for a low monthly, and even lower annual, a subscription fee. In addition, they can put upcoming EA games to the test before the release date with exclusive Play First Trials.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.