Animator - UFC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the electrifying spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through inventive gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
We are looking for a talented and creative Presentation Animator to join our EA Sports UFC team, someone passionate about creating highly believable cinematic and NIS performances, performances that immerses, engages, and delights our audiences. Our candidate will need to display strong problem-solving capabilities while balancing quality in completing their tasks
- Work with the Animation Director, leads & team to establish and maintain animation quality expectations for the project
- Work with Motion Capture data and animate Cinematics and NISs that support the game narrative
- Animate realistic human performances that convey character personality and believability
- Collaborate effectively across multiple departments including art, tech and production
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot day to day issues and work with team members to find solutions
- Actively contribute to the continued improvements of the techniques and best practices of the animation team as well as offer mentorship where applicable
- Animation production experience in film and or video games
- Experience editing motion capture data and key-frame animations
- Proficient in human anatomy & biomechanics
- A high level of proficiency working with Motion Builder or Maya
- Experience working and communicating with designers and engineers brainstorming and iterating on the results in the engine
- Solid and proactive problem solving skills; able to identify issues and help manage and resolve
- Experience working with external development, reviewing animation work, creating documentation both written and in video format to communicate quality expectations and workflows
Nice to Have
- Experience using proprietary animation/creation tools like Unreal and Unity – state-graphs etc...
- An understanding of cinematography and experience animating cameras is helpful
- Experience working with project tracking software like Jira (or similar)
- You play games, with an interest in playing many different types of video games
- Martial arts, MMA, or boxing knowledge or experience is a huge plus!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.