Senior Game Designer
At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and making a fantastic experience for our players. The past year has seen our first full releases in Hot Wheels id and Forza Street, with other exciting top-secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Together with four studios, 150 people, five projects (and our studio dogs!) we can offer world-class projects with unique studio culture to make staff feel empowered and inspired.
Electric Square Leamington Spa is a brand-new studio with big ambitions and a forward thinking approach to game development, following in the footsteps of its world class HQ in Brighton. We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Designer to join our new studio. This person will be crucial to the development of our studio, with significant influence over our design practice and culture. You will be a champion for the design abilities of our studio and will help our design team to reach ever greater heights.
We’re looking for open-minded and collaborative individuals who can add their own experiences to our culture, while learning and practicing their design craft. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups.
A Senior Designer at Electric Square would
- Create new game features and content.
- Ensure smooth, clear communication within the design, development and publishing team.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Help set-up, run and document user tests.
- Respond to and implement feedback from data analysis, reviews and playtests.
- Contribute to an excellent and collaborative design culture.
- Support Junior Designers.
- Significant commercial experience in game development.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Able to concisely articulate game concepts and analyse game mechanics.
- Good knowledge of mobile and/or free to play games.
- Clear and well-reasoned opinions, backed with an open mind and a desire to learn.
- Able to demonstrate well-informed design decisions and product prioritisation.
Please also let us know if you have
- Relevant degree or other qualification.
- Demonstrable expertise in a specific game design discipline (economy design, live-ops, systems design, etc)
- If you’re wondering if you should apply or not, we hope that you do.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it’s participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked at one of Leamington Spa’s incredible eateries. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 23 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Tech Scheme - Over 5,000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Free Soft Drinks - To keep you refreshed throughout the day. Remember your sugar intake though, folks!
- Free Electric Square Monthly Friday Team Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches have become a way of life here at ES. It’s a wonderful way to sit and enjoy a bit of food and drink together as a team outside of the day to day at the studio.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Fast Growing Studio – We're only getting bigger, so there's plenty of room for career advancement.
- Industry Conferences Budget – Many of our employees benefit every year from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph, E3, Unite, Unreal Fest Europe and more.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Free Awesome Swag – Amazingly designed Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the now iconic Electra emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season.
- Dogs with Jobs – Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get you out seeing what’s going on.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together.
- Summer Party – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us )