Echtra Games is looking for a VFX Artist to join our growing team for a new cross platform ARPG project. The VFX Artist will need to be skilled in basic modeling, UV mapping, and texture & shader creation to cover a wide range of game content – from player skills to UI effects to environment objects. A successful candidate portfolio will show a strong sense of timing, visual composition, color, anticipation/follow through, and ability to communicate gameplay. The VFX Artist will possess the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, artists, and game designers to turn feedback into actionable direction that meets development goals.
We are a small game studio in San Francisco with a team of veteran game developers. At Echtra, we value diversity and support work-life balance. We have great benefits, an open vacation policy, and flexible schedules.
- Create and implement high quality mesh-based and sprite-based VFX components.
- Conceptualize and build a library of effects using Unreal Engine 4 and Cascade.
- Work with other departments to keep artwork stylistically consistent.
- Modify and improve existing game assets.
- Have effective pipelines and organization for asset management.
- A portfolio showcasing a strong understanding of VFX creation.
- 3+ years of industry experience in games as a VFX Artist with at least one shipped title.
- Experience creating VFX assets with Unreal Engine 4 and Cascade, including shader construction using the UE4 material editor.
- Basic modelling, UV mapping, texture production, and exporting of all effects components in support of VFX production.
- Excellent visual and technical problem solving skills, particularly in real-time VFX scenarios including optimization & LOD versioning techniques.
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to take direction from the Leads and Supervisors and feedback from the Directors.
- Experience using Maya and Photoshop.
- Experience overseeing and providing feedback to outsource partners.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.