Senior/Mid-level UI Designer and Animator
Dubit has recently secured an £8m investment to launch the first esports league in the metaverse and grow our award winning studio!
Dubit makes games for the metaverse, kids and for eSports. Founded in 1999, we have over 20 years experience of creating digital gaming worlds and experiences for global businesses and innovative startups.
We work with some of the biggest kids brands including Lego, Mattel, Disney, and Nickelodeon to name a few. As well as making state of the art games we also have a dedicated department specialising in kids research and development,
About the team-
This team is Dubit’s leading Unity games team. We are a diverse group of developers, designers, delivery managers, strategists and innovators. We are primarily responsible for delivering digital products at the intersection of education and entertainment.
Our culture is important to us and it is essential that you are interested in contributing to making the Games team a great place to work.
Due to the nature of Dubit’s work, successful candidates are required to pass an enhanced DBS check.
- Produce innovative interfaces and bring those interfaces to life through animation
- Stay up to date with digital design trends
- Work collaboratively with Developers, Product Analysts, Stakeholders and other Designers
- Maintain exceptional visual design skills with a sound understanding of how visual design fits into the overall user experience and an obsession with detail
- Produce pixel perfect designs, advocating for how visual design fits into the overall user experience and ensure no detail is overlooked
- Maintain a great sense of aesthetics and how to tell a story visually - the ability to make beautiful and clear digital artefacts is essential.
- Create style guides with an understanding of the need for UX and UI consistency within a product
- Create mockups of UI animations and prepare assets for integration
- Create animated design elements using Spine
- Create animations in After Effects
- Present sketches, visual concepts and prototypes and react well to feedback from colleagues and stakeholders
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure designs align with their core business objectives
- Keep up to date with technological innovations, developments and best practices
- Ensure design standards and best practices are upheld
- Train, mentor and supervise Junior Interface Designers/Animators
As an Interface Designer you will operate across both our UI and Animation capabilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in similar roles. We would also expect formal education in Design, Animation, or a related field and a varied design portfolio for review.
- Proven experience of producing development-ready interfaces and prototypes in Adobe XD when given paper wireframes/low fidelity wireframes
- Experience creating animated design elements using Spine (or equivalent)
An understanding of animation principles and how animation works within game mechanics and mobile game development
- Experience of delivering projects within an agile framework
- Ability to act with confidence when given significant amounts of creative freedom
- Ability to use Jira
- Experience of producing development-ready interfaces and prototypes in Adobe XD
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to produce Interface Assets
- Experience of working on multiple products in parallel
- Experience of designing interfaces and animations specifically for children
- Expertise on Adobe After Effects
- Professional level of English
- City Centre location
- Take you Birthday off (1 days free holiday entitlement above standard holiday entitlement)
- Creative and fun company culture
- Company events
- Healthcare scheme
- Pension plan
- Training and personal development schemes