Mid-level Product Designer
Dubit has recently secured an £8m investment to launch the first esports league in the metaverse and grow our award winning studio!
Dubit makes games for the metaverse, kids and for eSports. Founded in 1999, we have over 20 years experience of creating digital gaming worlds and experiences for global businesses and innovative startups.
We work with some of the biggest kids brands including Lego, Mattel, Disney, and Nickelodeon to name a few. As well as making state of the art games we also have a dedicated department specialising in kids research and development,
About the team-
This team is Dubit’s leading Unity games team. We are a diverse group of developers, designers, delivery managers, strategists and innovators. We are primarily responsible for delivering digital products at the intersection of education and entertainment.
Our culture is important to us and it is essential that you are interested in contributing to making games a great place to work.
Due to the nature of Dubit’s work, successful candidates are required to pass an enhanced DBS check.
- Produce innovative product designs and interfaces, care deeply about feature behaviours and design styling, and stay up to date with digital design trends
- Work collaboratively with Developers, Product Analysts, Stakeholders and other Designers
- Balance technical constraints, budget constraints, user needs and business requirements when designing how features work and how they look.
- Ability to look ahead to future proof designs
- Develop and present, sketches, visual concepts and wireframes from a set of requirements
- Lead design and discovery workshops with clients and present deliverables to senior stakeholders
- Work on cross-platform applications to design seamless user experiences
- Translate concepts into user-centred deliverables, including personas, user journeys, user flows and wireframes.
- Produce pixel perfect designs, advocating for how visual design fits into the overall user experience and ensure no detail is overlooked
- Maintain a great sense of aesthetics and how to tell a story visually - the ability to make beautiful and clear digital artefacts is essential.
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure designs align with their core business objectives
- Keep up to date with technological innovations, developments and best practices
- Follow style guides and ensure design standards and best practices are upheld
As a Product Designer you will operate across both our UX and UI capabilities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in similar roles. We would also expect formal education in Design, Interaction Design, or a related field and a varied design portfolio of interface work for review.
- Proven experience of working as an intermediary between developers and stakeholders
- Experience of delivering projects within an agile framework
- Ability to act with confidence when given significant amounts of creative freedom
- A track record of designing user-centered experiences for digital products and advocating for a UX-focussed development approach
- Proven experience of making design decisions and developing wireframes, prototypes and design styling guides from a set of requirements
- Ability to confidently run design sessions, articulate client requirements and translate these in to visual concepts, then interfaces
- Ability to use Jira
- Experience of producing development-ready interfaces and prototypes in Adobe XD
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to produce Interface Assets
- Experience of working on multiple products in parallel
- Experience of designing interfaces and products for children
- Professional level of English
- City Centre location
- Take you Birthday off (1 days free holiday entitlement above standard holiday entitlement)
- Creative and fun company culture
- Company events
- Healthcare scheme
- Pension plan
- Training and personal development schemes